Family Law

See All Topics
Click Here to check out the manual.
The Office of State Courts Administrator (OSCA) provides forms for self-representation with a family law matter.  To view family law forms and information on how to represent yourself, go to:  Representing Yourself in Family Law Matters To view all court forms, go to:  Missouri Court Forms If you click on the above links you will be leaving this website.  
Missouri RSMO 452.377.  Relocation of child by parent for more than ninety days, required procedure — violation, effect — notice of relocation of parent, required procedure. —
The Office of State Courts Administrator (OSCA) has developed a handbook entitled, "In Your Child's Best Interest, A Handbook for Separating/Divorcing Parents."  If you plan to represent yourself in a family law matter (divorce, modification of child custody or child support, or paternity) or filing a separation or divorce case, you should view the information.  For example you will be required to complete a Litigant Awareness Program and file your certificate with the court.
If you are a grandparent raising grandchildren, you are not alone:  5.8 million U.S. children under 18 live in grandparent-headed households (Census 2010).  LSSM has prepared the document below to provide you some information concerning your legal options in raising your grandchildren. Click on the document below to learn more on this subject.
LSSM has prepared a document that will provide you crucial information if you are being denied court-ordered custody or visitation.  Click on the document below to learn more.
"Know Your Rights"  when dealing with non-marital custody.  Click on the document below for more information.
Missouri has laws about changing the permanent residence of your children after a divorce or custody matter is final. If you do not follow these laws, you may risk losing custody or visitation rights. LSSM has prepared a guide that may help you if you do decide to change the permanent residence of your children.  Click on the following link to access the brochure.
This is a guide book published with funding from the Missouri Long-Term Ombudsman Program – Missouri Department of Health and Human Services.  To view, click on the pdf document below.
What is a Guardian?   A guardian is a person who has been appointed by a court (usually the probate division of the circuit court) to have the care and custody of a minor or of an adult person who has been legally determined to be incapacitated.