Types of Services Provided by Local Legal Aid Programs
There are numerous types of cases handled and services provided by legal aid programs in Missouri. They include:
- Assisting families from loss of their shelter through illegal eviction or foreclosures;
- Obtaining Order of Protections for victims of spouse or child abuse;
- Protecting individuals from illegal or unfair sales or trade practices;
- Providing access to health care to those who would otherwise not have health care or insurance;
- Representation in courts and administrative hearings;
- Providing legal advice or referral information;
- Assisting with community-based economic development; and
- Providing legal education through community workshops, help-lines and written materials.
This is not a complete list. To learn more about each program's specific services, go to the individual legal aid website that serves your county.
Last updated on .