Free Legal Assistance to Disaster Survivors in Missouri
The Missouri Bar has set up a Free Legal Hotline to help Missourians impacted by floods. See the link and information below.
Impacted-by-floods - If you click on this link you will be leaving this website.
Those seeking legal assistance should call 1(800)829-4128 - a special toll-free number to receive requests for free legal help.
Volunteer lawyers will help storm survivors with the following:
- Assistance with medical and property insurance claims
- Counseling on landlord-tenant and real estate property and mortgage questions
- Help with home repair contracts and contractors
- Replacement of wills and other important legal documents lost or destroyed in the disaster
- Consumer protections such as price-gouging and avoiding scams in the rebuilding process
All calls are screened and then referred to volunteer lawyers who agree to offer a telephone consultation, providing free legal advice for disaster-related problems. Callers who need representation in court or who have issues requiring fee-generating services will be referred to the appropriate services.