Free Legal Assistance to Disaster Survivors in Missouri
The Missouri Bar has set up a Free Legal Hotline to help Missourians impacted by floods. See the link and information below. If you click on the link you will be leaving this website. To return, simply press the blue back arrow key on the upper left of your desktop.
Those seeking legal assistance should call 1(800)829-4128 - a special toll-free number to receive requests for free legal help.
Volunteer lawyers will help storm survivors with the following:
- Assistance with medical and property insurance claims
- Counseling on landlord-tenant and real estate property and mortgage questions
- Help with home repair contracts and contractors
- Replacement of wills and other important legal documents lost or destroyed in the disaster
- Consumer protections such as price-gouging and avoiding scams in the rebuilding process
All calls are screened and then referred to volunteer lawyers who agree to offer a telephone consultation, providing free legal advice for disaster-related problems. Callers who need representation in court or who have issues requiring fee-generating services will be referred to the appropriate services.